Friday, May 13, 2011

Plus Sized Pin Up Girls



This is something that makes me happy!  Les Toil is an artist who specializes in pin-up girls.  However, he's a little bit of an oddball.  He only does pin ups of plus-sized women.   Yes, you read that right.  He makes his living doing custom pin up girls, and here is a quote from his website for those interested in having one done:

"The qualifications for being a Toil Girl are quite simple actually. First and foremost, you must not be skinny. Here at the ToilTime Studios™ we believe an ample anatomy is the most desired and aesthetically pleasing an artist's model can have--and art history backs up that claim. The more curves the better, basically. So if you see Ally McBeal in the reflection of your mirror, consider yourself an unfit specimen (but, by absolutely no means, a lesser specimen. Being critical of one's proportions--be they vast or narrow--is something Mr. Toil frowns upon)."

It's strange to see big women portrayed as beautiful, and even sexy.  I love his website, and can get lost in his pin up galleries. It's refreshing to see larger ladies portrayed so lovingly! Here are a few of my favorites.






If you've got some time to kill, check out his website:  http://www.toilgirls.com/   I've known about him for at least five years, and the pin up girls change every few months.
        
And yes, if I ever have an extra $350 burning a hole in my pocket, I am totally going to become a toil girl.  I'm thinking some kind of Halloween theme, maybe with a pumpkin patch...

No comments:

Post a Comment