Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm Going With "None of the Above"

I was just watching this really stupid documentary on NatGeo called When Aliens Attack.  It is basically about how humanity would react if Earth was invaded by a hostile alien force.  To summarize in one sentence: In order to survive we'd have to go low-tech, kamikaze guerilla on those robot mother-fuckers.  I'm down with that.

Anyway, in the middle of the show there were a few sentences that kind of freaked me out.  In a very matter-of-fact way the narrator said that all women of child bearing age would need to be kept pregnant almost continuously  in order to maintain the human population.  They went on to say that this would require the use of fertility drugs and multiple partners.  They then panned from a pregnant woman to a group of grungy-looking skinny dudes standing around outside a tent. 

I'm going to assume that this particular piece of the script was inspired by some nerd's favorite masturbatory material, but give me a freakin' break.    You're telling me that my choice is between being vaporized by a giant laser or being continuously impregnated by a bunch of strangers with sub-par personal hygiene while living in a tent in the middle of BFE?  I gotta admit that the laser sounds like a quick and easy way to go. 

Sorry, humanity.   You're going to have to count me out on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment