Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fun clothes for kids

There are still a few days left to buy gifts for Christmas, and I have a couple of great suggestions.
The first is for that baby girl in your life. 

Isn't that a hoot?  I think that women's insecurities about their bodies are totally hilarious.  How awesome is it to jokingly insinuate that even babies have so-called normative discontent about their body size? 

Apparently the NOW is filing complaints against Hooters because they are an adult establishment that markets itself to children.  There is some controversy over whether Hooters is a sexualized environment.  I don't think there is any debate about whether it is trashier than hell. 

In any case, part of the brouhaha was about some t-shirts sold for children that said "Future Hooters Girl."  Sadly, those are no longer available on the website, so your toddler will have to settle for the classic tee above.

As an aside, I was talking to the owner of my daycare last week.  I mentioned that we were going out of town and she was excited to hear that we were going to the state where her daughter attends college.  She said: "You know that Hooters right off of 70, past Mid-Rivers Mall?  My daughter works there!"    Uhhh...
What's the appropriate response to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment